||Manager Communication Office
||19 April 2021
Vacature: Manager Communication Office bij IHE Delft
Heb jij minimaal 10 jaar ervaring in PR, marketing, journalistiek of communicatie? Heb jij uitstekende interpersoonlijke communicatie skills en een coachende management stijl? Weet jij hoe je je teamleden kunt inspireren om het beste uit zichzelf te halen? Heb je uitgebreide kennis en ervaring met omnichannel marketing? En affiniteit met opleidingen die impact hebben? Dan moet je zeker deze vacature bij IHE Delft bekijken.
About IHE Delft
IHE Delft is the largest international graduate water education facility in the world and is based in Delft, the Netherlands. The mission of IHE Delft is to work in partnership to strengthen capacity in the water sector, to achieve global sustainable development. IHE Delft has a permanent staff of 230 of which more than 140 are academics from all over the world, while about 250 guest lecturers from academia and industry contribute to our educational programmes. Each year 750 professionals (including about 200 new MSc students per year) attend courses at IHE Delft. The Institute has an international staff & student community with English as the working language.
Manager Communication Office
The Communication Office is crucial in enhancing the Institute's profile both internally and externally and in achieving its advocacy and student acquisition targets. Our policy is one of openness and cooperation with all our partners and other audiences. New technology involving social media applications, web and audio-visual productions are central to this policy, as well as more traditional functions such as producing brochures, infographics and advisory tasks. The Communication Office also assists the Rectorate of the Institute in communicating decisions internally and strategic information. A motivated and enthusiastic team is important and all members are expected to help out whenever needed.
The Communication Office seeks a: Manager Communication Office (38 hours per week)
Based in the Communication Office, the incumbent is expected to bring in strategic thinking and hands-on practical skills to develop and manage communications activities. The position advises the Institute's Rectorate members and academic staff on various communications (visibility) and marketing (prospective student recruitment & fellowship fundraising) related activities. The incumbent ensures the further development and implementation of the organization's communications and marketing strategy using the skill set of the Communication Office team.
Working in close collaboration with all academic departments at IHE Delft as well as with a wide network of professional colleagues in the sector, interpersonal communication skills in a cross-cultural environment are essential. Reporting to the Business Director, this position encompasses the following duty areas:
- Develop and manage the Institute's communications, marketing and alumni strategy in close cooperation with the Business Director, and members of the team (through vision, creative ideas, audiences, key messages). Anticipate and recommend ways that the strategy can be applied across the entire Institute and extended network;
- Prepare the Communication Office budget for relevant areas of responsibility and manage the expenditure of those budget lines. Develop contracts with communication companies, designers, printers, and other external suppliers, including procurement processes, and create and manage related financial decisions (in collaboration with the Purchasing Officer);
- Supervise 7 team members in the Communication Office.
- Build and cultivate working relationships with communications professionals in the larger UNESCO and UN Water Networks (partners, donors, and other related organizations);
- Maintain donor relations and engage in stewardship efforts for selected accounts;
- Manage media engagement including interview requests, media attendance at Institute events, drafting of press releases, and publication placement and establish and maintain a good working relationship with media professionals in the Netherlands and abroad.
- Act as spokesperson for the Institute;
- Monitor the organization of relevant visiting programmes to the Institute;
- Bringing in a network of contacts (for example within media, governments, businesses or NGO's interested in water and sustainable development is considered to be an asset).
- Further develop existing IHE Delft (change also elsewhere) brand and identity, by monitoring further development of the house style and recommend improvements or changes for implementation;
- Ensure accurate and timely production of various communications and marketing material for printed and online use (magazines, e-newsletters, annual report, educational prospectus, etc.);
- Monitor IHE Delft's participation, visibility and outreach at various events (World Water Week, World Water Day, World Water Forum, IWA congresses, etc.);
- Act as back-up in peak production periods for team members where needed;
- Monitor outreach campaigns and media strategies for Institute activities, initiatives, events, and publications including both traditional and digital media;
- Create opportunities to increase communication with key audiences and market the expertise of academic staff;
- Monitor development of communications, marketing and fundraising material about the Institute, its various programmes and related activities;
- Participates as member in internal Task Forces and Committees, where appropriate;
- Actively contribute to short- and long-term marketing strategy of the Institute's renewed educational portfolio which becomes effective in 2022.
- Masters Degree or equivalent experience in Communications, International or Public Affairs, Journalism, Marketing, Political Science, International Economics or other related field;
- At least 10 years of relevant work experience in public relations, marketing, journalism, and/or communications. Understanding development issues is an advantage;
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with others by demonstrating flexibility and openness to diverse approaches;
- Demonstrated integral management skills, distinguished by a person-centred and coaching management style;
- Ability to work in complex organizational structures by building working relationships within the Institute and with outside organizations;
- Experience with marketing, ideally in an educational setting is considered to be an asset
- Experience with science communication, able to show articles and/or stories produced in former job(s);
- Experience with donor relationships and fundraising is considered to be an asset;
- Being able to detect the sentiment within the organization, ensuring clear and transparent communication between the Rectorate and staff.
- Creative mindset, problem-solving skills, and keen attention to detail;
- Experience with the development of a new website;
- Strong diplomatic, interpersonal, and team skills; sensitized in working in a diverse and multicultural environment (scholars, journalists, senior officials, researchers and staff from all over the world). A service-minded and empathetic attitude is a must;
- Ability to boost the creativity of the communication team members, inspiring them to bring out the best in themselves
- Excellent project management skills and experience in event management. Ability to manage and prioritize multiple, simultaneous projects with deadlines;
- Proven writing and editing skills, with a very strong command of English and an ability to convey complex ideas in a clear, direct, and lively style with a meticulous attention to detail;
- Expertise in traditional media engagement, social media applications and digital outreach tactics (and leveraging their potential in various communications and marketing efforts) and current application software packages e.g. in Microsoft Suite;
- Preferably native English speaker and fluency in Dutch in writing and speaking is an asset.
Terms of Employment
The employment contract is for 38 hours (1.0 FTE).
Scale 12 Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities (VSNU).
IHE Delft offers an attractive, multiple choice employee benefits scheme, year-end bonus and generous pension scheme. The appointment implies entry into the Netherlands' Civil Service Pension Fund (ABP). We also offer 31 days' leave based on 38 hours working week.
Information and application
Additional information about the vacancy can be obtained from Johan Aad van Dijk (E: firstname.lastname@example.org/ T: +31 15 215 1823).
Applications (in English), should respond specifically to the requirements, and can be sent until 30 April 2021 including curriculum vitae, motivation letter and the names and contact details of two contactable referees, to IHE Delft, (as one PDF file with your family name as the filename), attn. Human Resource Management (E: email@example.com ), PO Box 3015, 2601 DA Delft, The Netherlands, stating vacancy-number 21-CO-01.
Reactions from staffing agencies and other 3rd parties are not appreciated.
Is dit jammer genoeg niet jouw droombaan? Niet getreurd, maar meld je gewoon even aan op onze nieuwsbrief en je krijgt wekelijks een update van de nieuwste vacatures. Dan kom je vast snel jouw droombaan tegen!
19 Apr 2021 590 0